To be eligible for admittance into the Music Technology program the applicant must:
- Submit an application online.
- Request that official transcripts be forwarded to UVF by each accredited, degree-granting college/university attended. All applicants must possess an earned bachelor’s degree in music or a related degree with demonstrated experience in music and music technology.
- Meet the minimum GPA requirement of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for bachelor’s degree.
- Submit two letters of reference.
- Schedule Interview/Audition. An audition with a designated faculty member of the program will be scheduled with the applicant prior to applying. Within the Interview/Audition the applicant should have prepared two performance pieces on the primary instrument. The interview process includes sight singing demonstration, musicianship test and basic piano skills.
- Complete The Music Technology Entrance Exam. The exam, comprised of music theory, history and literature, will be scheduled with a designated faculty member of the program prior to applying.