To be eligible for admittance into the Music Technology program the applicant must:
1. Submit an application online.
2. Request that official transcripts be forwarded to VFCC by each accredited, degree-granting college/university attended. All applicants must possess an earned bachelor’s degree in music or a related degree with demonstrated experience in music and music technology.
3. Meet the minimum GPA requirement of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for bachelor’s degree.
4. Submit two letters of reference.
5. Schedule Interview/Audition. An audition with a designated faculty member of the program will be scheduled with the applicant prior to applying. Within the Interview/Audition the applicant should have prepared two performance pieces on the primary instrument. The interview process includes sight singing demonstration, musicianship test and basic piano skills.
6. Complete The Music Technology Entrance Exam. The exam, comprised of music theory, history and literature, will be scheduled with a designated faculty member of the program prior to applying.